Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Twitter vs BB and in class discussions

Just to put it out there, I personally feel like twitter is an absolute waste of time!
The 140 characters seriously limit your choice of words, making what you have to say sound like curt shorthand. To me it seems like a meaningless blast that you send out to your group of "friends" to see who will respond and to see who is even interested in what you are doing (no body!) Anyways, the 140 characters bothers me immensely because I feel like I can never get a point across properly without cutting it short. 140 characters is good for a "tweet" not a real discussion.
On the other hand a BB discussion allows you as many characters as you want, not limiting you to 140 characters. This allows you to fully develop a concept and idea. I also like the way that BB organizes their discussions. For me it is easier to use and navigate (but that could be because I am used to BB and not twitter- only time will tell.)
The absolute best option is an actual in class discussion; face to face. I believe that it stimulates a better conversation and gets people really thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment